Monday, April 29, 2013

And I Wear This Coat of Arms

My favorite things: A pack of wolves, the flight of birds on their winged migration. Womens voices that are not afraid of shaking...till death do us part! A pack of loose leaf tobacco with a bit of fire to start the smoking, the burn. Soldiers of love. The fragrance of honey, wood, orange and amber entwined together. Frida Kahlos' passionate handwriting.  Songs of Love and Hate by Leonard Cohen. A black dress with a soundtrack. Black mascara lined with pink tinged thoughts. A hell of a capture without setting a trap.  Thinking, saying "Thank You" to those who are thinking.  A light in the darkness. A darkness in the light. Ecstasy not produced from a tablet, because I know it lives within. The garden. The conjuring from my own penning. Raindrops on roses, I am the rose and I've felt the rain, here it comes again.  Maps of courage and the lingering of love inside from all the in-betweens yes, these are a few of my favorite things. (S)he who sees the colour. (S)he who wears the colour with great unease, but with the certainty that all is guided by the “golden section"...yes, these are a few of my favorite things.

Words © Wendy Rose Watson