Wednesday, June 27, 2012

You Touch Me In A Place That Doesn't Talk ~ To New Beginnings My Little Love.


Lifted up


Reflective in returning love you sing
Errant days filled me
Fed me illusion's gate
In temperate stream
Welled up within me
A hunger uncurbed by nature's calling
Seven sacraments to song
Versed in Christ
Should strength desert me
They'll come
They come

Lifted up
Reflected in returning love you sing
Heaven waits
Someday Christendom may come
Westward
Evening sun recedent
Set my resting vow
Hold in open heart


WORDS ~ Mark Hollis 




                                           Close your eyes and open the eyes of your soul. 



I will be putting my 17 year old black cat Sadie to rest in a few days. She has been very ill. Thank you to those friends & family be they blood or not who have been so supportive, be you near or far geographically, your support and kindness has  always touched and strengthened me in times of joy and in times of suffering.

Thank you to Mark Hollis for this beautiful song New Grass. It continues to leave me utterly speechless as the message is about 'new beginnings' and hope. She and I listened to the album for a while and this song on repeat thereafter. Afterwards I spent time chanting hymns with her in my arms. It hasn't been easy for her but at least I know she will no longer be in pain after she closes those beautiful, emerald green eyes and opens her soul to find herself in a new realm in time-space surrounded by spirit that travels beyond sound. 
 

So, go softly into the light my little sweet heart Sadie. You've known the sunrise and the sunsets that we've endured together, you were my comfort and joy through them all...a gift to me as I hope I have been to you. You loved me unconditionally as I have loved you, such a pure connection we've had, the two of us. You were never mine and this is why I will never lose you. I was your caretaker and you were my hope and joy during days of doubt, celebration and happiness. You were my deep certainty that pure love does exist and that it is possible to experience this kind of connection with another being here on this earthy plane we were both called to. You helped me keep the faith when every river was dry and I will always hold a place inside of me that remembers what is and what was true.  I know the Tradition of the Moon & The Tradition of the Sun and  I'll meet you on the other side of dreams after your beautiful black silky little shell has moved on and your soul ascends to be somewhere other than this earth. Home. 

A new door , a new opening for you so don't be scared my little light hearted loving girl, you've brought me so much joy and you've loved and trusted me deep just as I have you. We have both made the dark nights much easier for each other. You with your purrs, your acceptance of who I am. You with your trust in me as your caretaker. I was blessed to have you, to still have you for these last few breaths you take  and I will celebrate your new beginning and try not to mourn you as you've always made me smile just a little more. My dear sweetest, petite black fair-weathered friend who I called Sadie. I miss so much you already but know neither you nor I will be the ones with the far away eyes. 

To new beginnings, my little love.
I'll meet you there. 

Words © Wendy Rose Watson