Monday, July 14, 2014

Empty Beaches During The Off Season

I pledge allegiance to my dad for teaching me everything he knows/ and now it's time on the clock for me to dive/ dive into the tides/ tides that take me down into the dark depths of my mind/ where prehistoric landscapes keep me alive and keep me company/I feel so empty now/ I can hear my siren howl/ I can almost see the abyss staring back at me/ By the time I swear I'm his/ By the time I shiver and sigh/By the time he vows his passion is mine/ One of us will be lying/How the candle gives off such lovely light when you think the shadows are all busy just dying/And at least the robbers left the moon in my window/I pledge allegiance to my dad for teaching me everything he once had/Counting an endless repetition/The end of a sure beginning/Which is dead/ Which will always be dying. 



"The American Dream and American Psycho are starting to represent the same thing.
 Cinema and music and life are starting to merge. Death is art. 
We've played pop music out. That wholesome dream is dead." 
Lana Del Rey

Woody Guthrie's New Year’s resolutions
1942